SNOM Phone Troubleshooting Methods
It is always good to restart the HostedConsole application whenever is in doubt. Simply a restart to the HostedConsole
application may resolve the issues many times. To perform restart, a user may have to follow the steps below.
- Login to the HostedConsole Server PC with full Administrator rights
- Open the Command Prompt (cmd) in HostedConsole Server PC
Note: If User Access Control (UAC) is enabled, then a user may have to run the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Enter the command; net stop hostedconsole (wait until the intended service stops)
- After stopping the HostedConsole service, ensure that it’s no longer running in Task Manager Window
- Finally, restart the HostedConsole service by entering the command; net start hostedconsole in Command Prompt
A user has to make sure to verify certain things to troubleshoot the SNOM phone further.
- Should be able to login to SNOM’s web interface (This is possible only when the connected SNOM phone’s IP is able to PING from the HostedConsole Server PC)
- The SNOM phone(s) should be on the same network as that of HostedConsole application (If SNOM phone is on the different network then the network rules have to be configured in such a way that; both devices can communicate with each other across the network)
- This means, the HostedConsole Server PC needs to communicate with SNOM phone through its IP and vice versa
- The most common cause is that either the Window’s Firewall is not turned ON or the port 21389 TCP (SNOM => PC) is not configured/blocked by the firewall
Action URL Fields Missing
After setting up the SNOM phone successfully, a user needs to see couple of fields (filled automatically) in the Action URL section. If the fields are not filled (automatically) then it indicates that the SNOM phone is not configured correctly, in that case, a user needs to follow the instructions below.
- Cross verification of SNOM phone IP/User Name/Password entered in Devices section of the Phone System settings on HostedConsole Server. Make the necessary corrections and click on Save
- Secondly, verify that a user should successfully login to the SNOM web interface from HostedConsole Server – if not then most likely the firewall is blocking the connection or else a user has specified a wrong SNOM IP
No Screen Pop
Even after the configuration of SNOM phone (with proper instruction), if user is unable to see any “Screen Pop” on the HostedConsole application, then he/she may have to follow the steps below.
- Ensure that Action URL settings on SNOM web interface looks correct
- If HostedConsole Server is running with multiple NIC cards, make sure that Bind to IP Address in the Phone System settings specifies the correct IP which NIC card to use
- Make sure the TCP Ports 21383/21389/21484 must be opened in the Firewall
- Login again to the SNOM web interface and verify all the above settings are correct and intact
Cannot Manipulate Calls (Answer, Transfer etc.)
A user may come across to the situation where in he/she is unable to manipulate calls. In other words, keys like Answer or Hold or Transfer stops functioning. Under such scenario, user is required to verify the following settings in SNOM web interface.
- Login to the SNOM web interface using the correct credentials. For instance, if SNOM IP is 192.168.0.1, then user needs to open a web browser to http://192.168.0.1 and should supply the correct SNOM credentials - (Note: A user has to double check the SNOM credentials in case if the login fails).
- After successfully logged into the SNOM web interface, a user needs to verify the following features;
- Use Hidden Tags – set to OFF
- Allow CSTA Control – set to ON
Check the Log File
A user may have to follow the instructions below in order to check the Log files in SNOM web interface.
- Login to the SNOM web interface using its IP address
- Select Log from bottom left and perform the instructions below
- Set the Log Level to 9 and click on Save
- Send a call to the phone
- Click the Log link again to refresh (don’t refresh the browser)
- Trace for “could not access mini browser XML file” in the logs – this indicates that the SNOM phone communicate with the PC. This may be caused either due to Firewall or Network issue
- Select SIP Trace from the left and perform the instructions below
- Clear the SIP Trace
- Send a call to phone
- Refresh the SIP Trace only
- Trace for unexpected SIP Messages. For instance, “Do not Disturb” – this indicates the phone is in DND
This category currently contains no pages or media.