From HostedSuite Wiki :: Evo Technologies
About the HostedSuite Server
The HostedSuite Server is a Windows service which communicates with your phone system and provides the console web pages.
The HostedSuite Server acts as a web server, but does not use IIS.
The server software itself takes up about 50 meg of disk space, but its local database can grow over time, so we recommend roughly 100GB of disk space on the PC.
HostedSuite Server Checklist
Please review this list before installing the HostedSuite Server
- Have a Windows PC dedicated to the HostedSuite Server application. Typically we recommend that the PC be dedicated to this application, but it is possible to install the HostedSuite Server on an operator's PC. Please keep in mind that because this is a web based application, rebooting the HostedSuite Server will disconnect any operators from the console.
- The HostedSuite Server PC should have a minimum of 8GB RAM, 100GB disk space, and a modern x64 processor (4 cores or greater). We support all Windows operating systems from Windows 2000 and forward.
- Assign a static IP address to the HostedSuite Server PC. This ensures that you can add a Favorites link in your browser of choice that will continue to work if the server is rebooted.
- Make sure that the HostedSuite Server PC is able to "ping" your phone system. For example, if you are using a Mitel phone system, you should be able to "ping" the IP address of the 3300 from the Telephony Server PC.
- Note whether you are using a 32bit or 64bit processor. You can verify this by right clicking "My Computer" and clicking on "Properties"
- Local firewall on the HostedSuite Server must have incoming TCP ports 21483 (required) and 21389 (if using SNOM phones) open
The links to the files required for the HostedSuite Server are below
Install the files in the following order
- .NET Framework 3.5
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Mongo Database - make sure you click the link for your specific processor (32bit or 64bit) Please note we no longer support installing Mongo on 32 bit machines. See below.
- IE Hotfix
- HostedSuite Server
You may also have to install files specific to your phone system. The table below contains links to runtimes for the various phone systems. If your phone system is not listed, then there is no runtime that must be installed on the HostedSuite Server prior to installation.
|Cisco Call Manager 5.0||Download|
|Cisco Call Manager 5.1||Download|
|Cisco Call Manager 6.0||Download|
|Cisco Call Manager 7.0||Download|
|Cisco Call Manager 8.0||Download|
Once you have installed the HostedSuite server files, you can login to the HostedSuite Server at http://localhost:21483 from the server PC.
Updating HostedSuite Server
We constantly release updates to the server software.
To update your server, you simply login to the server and run the HostedSuite Server Software again. You do not need to uninstall anything. Just download and run and it will overwrite the old files.
NOTE: This will take your console down for the duration of the install.
Note on Mongo and 32-bit Machines
Please note that while you can technically install the Mongo database on 32 bit machines. We highly recommend against this. There are upper limits to the amount of data that can be stored with Mongo on x86 machines.
If you do proceed with installation on an x86 machine, you may reach this upper bound and find that the HostedSuite software will no longer let you login. Our support team will need to assist in cleaning the database at that point.